A thousand beads of sweat, one hundred hours, fifty Christmas Rush tears, & three drops of blood to create one dream gift.
Look we get it, you want stuff cheap, but do you really want “cheap stuff”?
Here are five things you should NEVER do to a maker if you don’t want them to lose their minds.
1. Message us every three days to change your original order. Hey, we know that you may have a change of heart or get inspired and want something different and we really truly do want you to love your product. If you have to change the original blueprint of the design let us know as soon as possible and please make sure you have made your final decision.
If we have already started creating your item we will do our very best to accommodate your changes, but you should expect that it will either cost you more or you will receive your product as originally planned. We want you to be in love with our creations, we really do, but we do this for a living and that means we have to make money to feed our puppies and our kids (in that order, jk).
2. Ask to return a piece of artwork that you helped design after you have received it. We do our very best to take your words and turn them into a piece of art we can be proud of, whether that be a leather item or a custom t-shirt. You have proofed the basic design and received your completed item and now you don’t want it?
Although some, (not I of course) may be inclined to tell you “tough-titty, kitty”, we won’t and to make sure you don’t go blasting nastiness about us on the internet we will most likely refund your money. However, we would rather make a few changes to the finished product to make you love it and you should give us that opportunity, please.
3. Tag other makers in photos of our products. Yeah sure, we know our designs will ultimately be copied and remade by other people. Yet still, DO NOT tag someone in our photos and say “Can you make this cheaper” or “I can make this for you cheaper”. Trust us, they won’t make it as well as we can.
Please do not use photos of our products to advertise for yourself and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF TACOS please do not copy our original items and post them as your own original idea. We know our competition and we have probably seen the photo while we were scouting them out before you ever got out of bed this morning.
Nothing makes a maker’s blood boil more than a customer asking us to replicate an item for a cheaper cost. If we wanted to do that, we would have already done it and advertised it as a cheaper version (and more power to those who are willing to do it cheaper). Some of us are the Dollar Tree and some of us are Macy’s, but either way it is still insulting.
4. Message us every day asking when it will be finished. Bud, we know you are excited, and trust me we are too. We make this stuff because it gives us a thrill to see something we finished with our own two hands. We will get your order to you as soon as humanly possible (we are humans with emotions, struggles, and families).
If you are in a rush, let us know that upfront so we can communicate whether or not we can meet that expectation. We want your grandma to get her gift on time too, which is why we need you to be upfront with us.
5. Conceal the fact that you are unhappy. I said all of that other stuff to end with this. Ya’ll are our friends, our family and our livelihood. We want to keep you excited about us so you will purchase more products from us.
If you happen to be unsatisfied, let your maker know why. If you conceal it from us or post a bad rating without allowing us to correct the problem we will all be having a bad day. We want to have good days so let us fix the issue, we will make it right.
Just help us out a little, for every one of these recommendations you break we have ten others doing the same thing. The less stressed we are the more we can get done for you.
But seriously, we love all of our customers and we want them to be lifelong customers.
Until next time, subscribe and share